Turtle & Guy
Down At The Library
I Lost My Shoe
The Rhyming Game
Peanut Butter Sandwiches
I'd Rather Be A Donut
End Of The Day
What A Wonderful World
Jeremy Fisher Junior Singalong Show
JUNO-nominated folk singer Jeremy Fisher brings his catchy songwriting to circle time with his first collection of music aimed at young listeners, Highway To Spell. Songs such as Turtle & Guy, Down At The Library and Bizzy Bee come alive with
vivid imagery, instantly singable melodies and a groove that inspires kids to dance like nobody’s watching.
Live Video Clips
Ideal for JK to grade 3.
Lyrics and Sheet Music available as free downloads
Event running time – 60 minutes (40 minute performance with 20 minute Q&A)
Performance supports the Ontario curriculum for grades 1-3 in music with the following:
- learn basic rhythm/melody techniques, ie. keeping a beat and singing in unison with other voices (Bizzy Bee)
- learn how rhyming works (The Rhyming Game)
- learn to sing in a round and how it works (Raindrops)
- improvise melodies as a group using the pentatonic scale (interactive activity during performance)
- listen to examples of recorded music and learn about the variety of different instruments (pre-performance album listening in class. Jeremy can support this by engaging with the class via social media)
A toonie per student, minimum 300 students.
- If your school reaches pre-sales of 50 CDs or CD/T-shirt bundles, get a show for a loonie per student.
- If you find another school in your area that would like to host a show on the same day, each school gets a $100 rebate on the performance fee.
- If you are a small school, or school with limited resources let us know your situation and we will do our best to help find a solution and make a show happen for you.
For schools outside of Southern Ontario, please contact us.
"Jeremy Fisher has a gift for writing music that engages and captivates kids of all ages. His performances are genuine and fun and my students felt a true connection. We enjoyed hosting Jeremy at Basinview Drive Community School, and we can't wait to have him return for more fun!"
- Carol Coutts, Basinview Drive Community School, Bedford, NS
"The Jeremy Fisher Junior album is definitely a huge hit in my Kindergarten classroom! We have made up our own actions to many of the songs, and whenever we play them, the kids can't wait to sing along to all of the lyrics. Thanks Jeremy!"
- Mark Blackett, JG Simcoe Public School, Kingston, ON
"There was definitely a sense of community throughout the school all day because of the concert. Many parents called into the school, commented on classroom blogs and shared on our parents FB page about how much their kids enjoy [Jeremy's] music."
- Jennifer Angle, Bellmoore Elementary School, Binbrook, ON